How We Calculate Taxes
- Aqua Technology Group has a national footprint with headquarters located in the state of Ohio. We are obligated to charge sales tax respectively for delivery within Ohio, customer pick-up orders and orders which are deemed taxable due to our other physical locations, domains and laws.
- Sales tax rates varies by county and taxing authority.
- Tax-exempt customers must submit their tax exemption certificate to avoid tax.
- Gift Cards – No sales tax is charged when buying gift cards. The appropriate sales tax will be charged on the purchase when the gift card is used.
- We do not add or collect sales tax for states we do not have physical presence in. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay appropriate tax to your state when necessary.
- In states in which we do not have a physical presence, we may be required to charge applicable state and local sales tax on orders shipped if required to do so under state and/or local tax laws.
- Some taxing authorities also require the taxable amount to include any shipping and handling charges, while others charge sales tax only on merchandise. We are required to follow the rules of each state.